Here’s the statement from the Malawi Revenue Authority as the body impounds 7 motor vehicles
belonging to former State House Chief of staff Peter Mukhito.
Following a tip, the Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), on Thursday, 30th July, 2020, conducted a
search at Mr. Peter Mukhito’s residence in Lilongwe for suspected tax evasion involving motor vehicles.
The search has resulted in the detention of seven motor vehicles pending production of Customs clearance documentation.
The following are the details of the detained motor vehicles:
- Toyota Land Cruiser (VX8), registration number BW 6060.
- Range Rover – No number plate.
- Toyota Land Cruiser (VX8) – No number plate.
- Mercedes Benz, registration number CPM 2.
- VW Passat, registration number CP 7074.
- Toyota Fortuner, registration number MH 950.
- Bentry, registration number FW16LS-GP.
The detained motor vehicles are being kept at MRA offices while the Authority conducts further investigations